Monday, November 13, 2006

Online store

Well, I didn't get it done in the 5 minutes that the review I read suggested was all that was necessary, but after a couple of hours I had Amazon's aStore up and running for this blog. Don't take this move wrongly though - this is not turning into a commercial blog, by any stretch of the imagination. I have no fantasy of this being a get-rich-quick thing. If it helps pay for my broadband bill each month, I'll be more than happy! As things go with me, what it will all probably mean is that I will lose money in the long run - as I find books that I haven't gotten around to buying already. For instance, just today I ordered a copy of Temples of Sound (a book about the famous sound recording studios in the USA).

As part of this exercise, I added in entries for my favorite books in the field of audio and video forensics. Most are not forensic books themselves as there aren't many in this niche discipline, but instead books on recording, biopsychology, filtering/processing, and the like. All in all, I'm not displeased.

That being said, there is room for improvement from my perspective. For instance, it would be much more helpful to either allow more recommendations OR boolean search terms when setting things up for what is displayed (like the OR I just used).

Anyway, feel free to let me know what you think, either online as a comment or offline via email (see the email link at the top of the links section, but don't forget to replace the anti-spam text).

No comments: