Sunday, April 22, 2007

Back to blogging

I would not recommend the particular Toshiba Satellite notebook that I have - two major warranty repairs in nine months, one to replace a bad display and a motherboard replacement. I do have many good things to say about the repair shop that I used for the motherboard replacement (Topaz Support). I am keen on them not just out of relief to have my notebook back, but because they were all the things that the last shop wasn't - helpful, efficient, communicative (they called me to give me status updates, not the other way around), and professional.

On the technical side, I was surprised to find that it seemed to work significantly faster than before. I haven't investigated why, but I wonder if it is because they updated the BIOS to the most recent version.

No comments: